- AscToHTM is one of Dr File Finder's "Pick of the week"
- Version 2.2 of Detagger is released. This version introduces new features for removing attributes form tables.
- Version 2.1 of Detagger is released. This version introduces a number of new features.
- Version 2.0 of Detagger is released. This version includes a number of speed-ups and new features.
- Version 1.5 of AscToRTF is released. This is the first major update for two years. Version 2 is expected to follow shortly with some more major updates announced.
- Version 1.0 of Detagger is released. This is our HTML-to-text converter and markup remover that can be used to selectively strip tags from a HTML document.
- AscToTab is accepted by TUCOWS
- AscToTab is recommended by LockerGnome
- AscToTab 4.0 is released. It is given a 5 ducks rating by NoNags, 5 stars by File Transit and 4.5 stars at SoftList
- AscToHTM 4.1 is released. You can review the changes in this version by reading the documentation at http://www.jafsoft.com/doco/a2hdoco_11.html#Section_11.1
- Shareware version of AscToHTM 4.0 is released. You can read the press release
- AscToHTM 4.0 is released to registered users.
- AscToHTM is included on the CD acompanying the book "HTML - your visual blueprint for designing effective web pages"
- AscToHTM is the featured software of the day at LockerGnome
- AscToHTM 3.3 is released to registered users.
- AscToRTF is awarded 5 stars by ZDNet, joining AscToHTM (also 5 stars).
Read their review at http://hotfiles.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/texis/swlib/hotfiles/info.html?fcode=00174C
- AscToHTM becomes a featured site on the HTML resources page at www.about.com
- AscToHTM is awarded 5 "C"s by CHIP magazine in Germany.
- Version 1.0 of AscToRTF is released. This is the long promised text to RTF converter based on the same text analysis engine as AscToHTM.
- Following last month's report, a user writes as follows :-Well I hate to burst your bubble but... we process more than 7000 files in a single operation and have been now for well over a year on a weekly basis!
I'm always happy to publish such corrections :-)
- The largest number of files converted in a single operation is reported by a user as 2,000. This used the wildcard operation (just type in a wildcard). As they said in their mail "that saved me so much time!"
A few weeks later another user reported they were about to convert 3,000 files...
The largest file is still believed to be that mentioned below (see 24-Mar-1999).
- Added a new affiliates page, adding links to companies we're affiliated with.
- No Y2K problems reported :-).
- TUCOWS selects AscToHTM as their Head of the herd
- AscToHTM is reviewed by PC Magazine online who compared its text conversion abilities favourably to Microsoft Word's AutoFormat feature.
- A Press Release is issued announcing the release of AscToHTM 3.2
- OpenVMS version 3.2 of AscToHTM is made now available.
- Shareware copy of version 3.2 is now available. Download the Windows trial version (1.4 Mb)
- AscToHTM is made a tip of the day by about.com in their HTML pages.
- AscToHTM 3.2 is released to registered users.
- A group of volunteers start work on translating JafSoft Limited programs into German, Spanish and French.
Many thanks to all involved.
- A new program AddLinx is added to the web site. Like AscToTab, AddLinx is a spin-off of AscToHTM. AddLinx is a simple program that adds hyperlinks to exsiting HTML files, taking care not to convert URLs already in valid hyperlinks.
This is a great little utility for adding links "after the event" to your web pages. AddLinx is offered as shareware for $10 or £5. It is fully featured and without time limits of nags.
- Christian Computing give AscToHTM a great review. To quote selectively from this:-If I were still creating web pages for a living I would quit. No one would want to pay me to do something as easy as AscToHtm makes it.
You can read this and other reviews of AscToHTM
- all these pages move to a brand new site... www.jafsoft.com.
- The largest file converted by AscToHTM (that I know of) currently stands at over 55,000 lines... a healthy 2.5Mb of source file. This was an 1,100+ page manual which AscToHTM converted into a linked suite of over 300 HTML pages weighing in at around 5.0Mb. The conversion took about 20 minutes per run on either OpenVMS alphas or NT Intel 233s.
Mother and baby are both doing well :-)
If you know of any larger conversions drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WebAttack review AscToHTM awarding it 10/10 in all 5 review categories_"Bottom Line: The best Text to HTML converter I've seen. It'll save endless hours of coding and let's you publish nice looking (text) pages in no time."_
You can read the WebAttack review in full
- The OpenVMS version of AscToHTM is now included in the official VMS freeware CD that will be supplied by Compaq with VMS 7.2.
- AscToHTM is selected as a Webmaster Select site by www.virtualpromote.com
- AscToHTM is now shipped with all copies of the RegistryFAQ. This highly popular (over 1 million copies of the previous version where downloaded) FAQ details all the secrets and handy tips you need to master your own PC
- AscToHTM has been awarded 5 stars by Boot It software reviews. According to Boot It, 5 stars means "Out of this world". This adds to the 5 stars awards at ZDNet, FileDudes, Danworld and Shareware Junkies. You can read this and other reviews of AscToHTM
- Version 3.0 is now available. This features an improved user interface.
- You can now register AscToHTM via toll-free telephone in the US. See Registration and pricing for details of this and other registration methods.
This page was converted by AscToHTM from this source file on 12-Aug-2003